Central Vac Store FAQ
Not only have we included some actual questions from our customers, but we've also tried to anticipate some common questions you may have about different areas of our site, or about our products. After reading through this central vacuum cleaner FAQ, if we haven't answered your questions let us know by completing a Contact Us Form.
- What should I expect to happen once I place an online order?
- Once you submit your order, we will email you confirming that we have received your order. Most orders ship from our North Canton, Ohio, facility within 2 business days of receipt. Once your order has shipped, you will receive a notification, via email, with tracking information.
- Can I cancel or change an order after it has been submitted?
- You cannot cancel or change your submitted order through our website. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 1-800-822-8356 to contact Customer Service about your order. Please include your order number in all correspondence. Someone will contact you shortly regarding your order. Customer Service hours are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, Monday-Friday. Due to our quick shipping turnaround (usually within 2 business days) some orders may not be able to be canceled or changed. You can place additional orders or return your order once you receive it.
- How can I check on the status of my order?
You may email our customer service department at email@example.com
or leave a message at 1-800-822-8356. Please include your order number in all correspondence. Someone will contact you shortly regarding your order. Customer Service hours are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, Monday-Friday.
- Do I have to pay sales tax?
- We collect the applicable sales tax on all orders shipped to Ohio (by county), California, Virginia and Maryland.
- How do you ship orders?
- We use UPS as our delivery agent. Most orders ship within 2 business days of order receipt.
- What are your shipping rates?
- We use a value-based shipping chart for orders. View the entire chart here.
- Can I have my order shipped to me at a different address?
- You can ship an order to yourself at a different address. Physical street addresses must be used for UPS shipping. We cannot ship to P.O. Boxes.
- Do you have express shipping?
- Yes. For an additional charge, we offer UPS 2-day Service. Click here for our shipping chart. Orders to Alaska and Hawaii must be shipped via UPS 2-day service.
- Do you ship internationally?
- No. At this time we only ship to U.S. addresses.
- How do I return an item?
- If you wish to return an item, please complete the following steps:
- Call our Customer Service department at 1-800-822-8356 for a Return Authorization Number. (Customer service is available Monday-Thursday 8 am – 7 pm EST, or Friday 8 am – 5 pm EST)
- Address returned item to:
H-P Products, Inc.
Attn: Returns, Return Number __________
4282 Strausser St. NW
North Canton, OH 44720
- Please reference Return Number on the outside of the shipping carton to assure proper credit.
- Credit will be issued 7-10 business days after receipt. There is no credit on shipping charges
- What should I do if I received a damaged, missing or incorrect item(s)?
- You may call our customer service department at 1-800-822-8356, Monday-Thursday 8 am – 7 pm EST, or Friday 8 am – 5 pm EST or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I know what kind of valves I have?
- Simply refer to our valve information sheet. If you are unsure about what type of valves you have, call our customer service department for assistance at 1-800-822-8356, Monday-Thursday 8 am – 7 pm EST, or Friday 8 am – 5 pm EST.
- I have a different brand of central vacuum system (Beam, Nutone, Vacumaid, AirVac, Air Force, SilentMaster, FloMaster, Eureka, VacMaster, Electrolux, Hoover, etc). Will your accessories work with my system?
- Our accessories are compatible with most central vacuum brands and will also work with some portables and uprights. The inside diameter of all attachments is 1 1/4". When ordering hoses, please make sure you order the correct hose end for your inlet valves. To see the options, please view our valve chart.
- I have Universal or VACUFLO style valves – can I order an electric powerhead?
- Yes. We offer both Universal and VACUFLO style hoses for electric powerheads which include a 6´ electrical cord "pigtail." Once plugged into a standard electrical outlet, the pigtail will allow your central vacuum system to use electric powerheads such as the Prestige and Electroglide.
- What is the warranty on your products?
- Accessories covered by warranty are any genuine H-P Products accessories (non-expendable parts) including hoses, wands, cleaning tools, and power brushes. All accessories sold on this site (with the exception of turbine powerheads) are covered for one year from the date of purchase for repair or replacement. Turbine powerheads are covered for three years from the date of purchase for repair or replacement. Consumable items such as light bulbs, belts, filters and beater brushes are not covered by this warranty.
- Which filter should I order for my central vacuum system?
- Order the 7" filter (part number 8106-01) for the following models:
VACUFLO Model FC300, FC520, FC530, FC550, FC630, FC650
Dirt Devil® Models CV1800, CV2000, CV2200, CV2400, CV2600
Dirt Devil® Platinum Force® Models 299e
Dirt Devil® Pro Series Models 390, 590, 690, 890, 990
MAXUM Ain Pro Series Models 390, 590, 890
Order the 10" filter (part number 8107-01) for the following models:
VACUFLO Model FC1550
Dirt Devil® Model CV3200
Dirt Devil® Platinum Force® Models 499e, 599e, 699e, 799e, 1099e
Dirt Devil® Pro Series Model 1390
MAXUM Ain Pro Series Model 1390
If you have a different brand of central vacuum then listed above, please contact your manufacturer for filter information.
VACUFLO True Cyclonic® units (Models 260, 360, 460, 466Q, 560, 566Q, 760, 960) do not require filters.
- Do you sell Dirt Devil® upright and portable vacuums or accessories?
- No. H-P Products offers Dirt Devil® products for Central Vacuum Systems only. If you are looking for Dirt Devil® upright or portable vacuums, please visit their website at www.dirtdevil.com.
Security & Privacy
- How do I know if my online order is secure?
- CentralVacHeadquarters.com is maintained on a secure server and verified by Verisign. Your information is encrypted through the shopping cart process ensuring the utmost security and protection of your data.
- What will you do with my personal information?
- Who maintains centralvacheadquarters.com?
- CentralVacHeadquarters.com store is maintained by H-P Products, Inc., manufacturer of the VACUFLO® and Dirt Devil® Central Vacuum Systems and accessories. CentralVacHeadquarters.com is the online store for the following websites: www.vacuflo.com, www.vacuflostore.com, www.dirtdevilcentral.com, www.dirtdevilproseries.com, www.dirtdevilplatinum.com and www.turbocats.com.